Bellum Aeternus, 2019, PG, 0 hr 20 min
VIDEO: Bellum Aetenus
Runtime: 14 minutes
Studio: No Budget Productions / Blue Ghost Productions
Country of Origin: United States
Franchise: Lexington Adventures
Franchise Position: 2
The starship Lexington faces a new enemy threatening the Federation.
Plot Summary:
Bellum Aetenus is the first installment of the Lexington Adventures series. The crew of the starship Lexington encounters a powerful enemy using advanced tactics to challenge the Federation. Captain Alexander McKnight leads his team, including Commander Brieanna Smith and Commander Angelica McKnight, as they confront unforeseen threats, strategize under intense pressure, and work together to protect the Federation. The story highlights teamwork, bravery, and the resourcefulness needed to overcome a formidable adversary in deep space.
Personal Note:
This film is especially near and dear to my heart, as it was the first Star Trek fan film in which I had a starring role. I have been a lifelong Star Trek fan, and when Vance Major of No Budget Productions offered me the chance to act in some Star Trek fan films, I eagerly jumped at the opportunity.
Of all the films I participated in thanks to Vance, this one was by far my favorite. Mostly because I got to perform in front of a full-fledged studio green screen — and if that doesn’t demand serious acting skill, I don’t know what does. I also had the starring role in Bellum Aeternus. Plus, part of that studio featured full mockups of various sections of the Enterprise from the original series.
I had an incredible time walking those sets and imagining that I was truly aboard the Enterprise. I even got to sit in the captain’s chair and look into Spock’s viewer!
I could go on and on about how much fun it was, but you should really see it for yourself. Be sure to check out Vance’s other productions as well — I’ve left the link above to Vance's YouTube channel, and a link to "Bellum Aeternus," itself.
----- James K. Lewis
Critics Review:
Viewers have praised the production for its engaging characters, compelling conflict, and solid portrayal of tactical decision-making in a spacefaring setting. While some note the short runtime limits deeper exploration of all subplots, the story successfully introduces the crew, their dynamics, and the stakes involved. The visuals and action sequences are recognized as high-quality for an independent production.
Christian Perspective:
The story emphasizes virtues such as courage, integrity, and selflessness. The crew’s dedication to protecting the Federation and making moral choices under pressure reflects Biblical principles of leadership, wisdom, and service (Proverbs 3:5-6, Philippians 2:3-4). Themes of teamwork and responsibility provide positive moral lessons for viewers.
Family Friendliness:
The episode is suitable for family viewing. It is free from explicit material or graphic violence, and promotes values such as teamwork, ethical decision-making, and bravery. Families can discuss leadership, moral responsibility, and the importance of working together in challenging circumstances.
Notable Songs:
N/A
Search Labels:
Lexington Adventures, fan film, sci-fi, space exploration, 2020s, Star Trek,
Comments
Post a Comment